THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sunday Mornings and Blue icing cookies







Here are the pictures of Kailey on Sunday mornig before church wearing some of the bows that I made her to go with the beautiful dress that Aunt Ginger gave her for her birthday.






Now on to the fun. Kailey and I went to the mall the other day while Jake was in school. After doing a little shopping, I stopped to get a treat. Kailey picked out a sugar cookie with BLUE ICING! Yikes!!! Now, let me stop right here are insert a side note. Having messy kids drives me CRAZY. I do mean CRAZY. I'm learning to let this go. For one thing, at 2 and 1/2, Kailey is still drooling. Now don't panic. I asked my doctor about it at her two year visit and he said, "She'll grow out of it." The next thing is, Jake was never messy, and he only likes sugar cookies and vanilla ice cream. All things white. For his birthday snack on Friday, I'm taking vanilla ice cream. He doesn't like cake, he doesn't like any chocolate, and he certainly doesn't like colored icing. He was just never messy. Anyway, back to the mall. Kailey picked the blue icing, and I will admit I tried to sway her to get something else. She just wasn't interested. So, I decided to let my issues go and buy the cookie. Kailey had a great time on the ride home. When we got home there was an entire cookie left with all of the icing licked, yes licked, off. Here is what I brought into the house. Needless to say, we changed our clothes and went to pick Jake up. Ah Kailey, life would be a snore without her.



Now on to our biggest events. Tomorrow Jake turns 6. I can hardly believe it. It really does seem like yesterday. What a blessing he has been in our lives. I thank God for him every day.


Thank you Lord for the gift of my children. Today and tomorrow I really thank you for Jake. Give them a heart like Yours. Keep me ever mindful that you have given them to me as a gift from you. Help me guard their hearts and raise them to be followers of YOU. AMEN.

0 comments: