THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

If you need a good laugh...

Today, Jake had the day off from school. So sad for him, he had to go get a flu shoot. Then we had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few odds and ends. On the drive home, the conversation turned to the Ninavites(sp?). We started talking about the Ninavite army. Jake asked if the Ninavites lived in the United States. I told him no that they lived in Ninava, and started to explain that it was in Europe, but he cut me off and said, "Oh yeah, I know, that's were they slap people with fish!" I started laughing so hard, that I was crying. I asked where he had heard that, just wandering were the story had taken a wrong turn. He promptly told me that on the Veggie Tales movie about Jonah, the people in Ninava slapped each other with fish. Now we now how stereotypes get started!! Thanks Jake, I needed a good laugh.

4 comments:

The White Family said...

I knew immediately what good ol' Jake was talking about. He is so observant. Kyle could get some tips for sermons notes from your little man.

DeeDee said...

yep - it is really funny what parts of stories the kids will remember.

Shauna said...

Hi Marna - not sure if you remember me but I went to Sooner back in the good ole days! And I saw your comment on Juli Beth's blog - it is so fun to catch up with everyone's lives out and about. Have a wonderful week!

Shauna (Spearman)

Ledbetter Fam said...

How funny! My boys love that movie. It can make things very confusing, however, when you are reading the actual book of Jonah to them.

Juli Beth