THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tragedy strikes the Wewe house and, and I still win the Mom of theYear Award

Here it is, the tooth is gone, but there is a story that goes along with it. On Tuesday evenings, we host a small group bible study in our house. After school, things get a little hectic on these days. Today was no exception. When we got home from school, I put Kailey down for a nap, went downstairs and began getting ready for this evening. Jake got to watch 30 minutes of T.V. and then it was on to homework. In the course of beginning homework, he mentioned he would like a snack and could he have an apple. Well, (now this is were the mother of the year and wife of the year award come in to play) I didn't think anything of it and said, "SURE!" So, homework begins and so does the snacking. I on the other hand, am cleaning up the kitchen, not paying much attention. I look over, to see him chewing on the side of his mouth. I also notice a gaping hole in the front. SO... I say, "Jake, your tooth is gone. Is it in your mouth?" To which he replies, "WHAAAAAAAAA!!!" He starts checking his apple, but is crying so hard. He did NOT want to swallow that tooth. BUT...it just got worse. I called Kyle, and said "Jake has something he wants to tell you. " To which Kyle says, "MARNA!" I tried to defend myself by telling him I didn't pull it, but apparently that doesn't ease the blow of not being able to be here for the event or for not having the tooth to hold on to. I have evidently failed everyone but Kailey, who could care less. After much consolation, we convinced him he could leave a note for the tooth fairy. That I will be able to keep. Now for some interpretation, the note reads, " I accidentally swallowed my tooth. I ate an apple." Notice the drawing of the tooth going from the mouth to the belly. Wow, what a day. What a gamut of emotions. There is something so grown up about losing teeth. Not sure I'm ready...

4 comments:

The White Family said...

Marna you are an AWESOME mom! Such dramas just seem to be par for the course around our household. Jake is getting to be SO big!

JonesGardenBlog said...

Oh the joys of children and teeth.

I love the note, that's classic.

Ledbetter Fam said...

How sweet! He'll never forget losing that first tooth.

Juli Beth

The Stringers said...

That is too funny. Love the note with diagram!