THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Super Star


Each week in Jake's class, one student is selected to be the "Super Star" student. Now I say selected, but what I really mean is the teacher does it in alphabetical order, only backwards. She said since her name is Wornick and her kids were always last growing up, she decided that the end of the alphabet would be first on occasion. Well, this one time I wish we would have gone in the real order. Jake got to be first. For Jake, this was great. For me, not so great. We were told to create a "display board" that had pictures of the family, the child at different ages, places we've been, things we like to do as a family. The kicker was these six words, "Be as creative as you like." Great I know lots of moms with creativity oozing out of their ears. Well, that's not me. And I had to go first. This little project didn't seem to enlist panic in the rest of the moms. After a little investigation, I found out why. They all did this in preschool. Double Whammy. I have to go first, and I'm a "super star" virgin. Anyway, after much blood, sweat and tears last weekend I finished on Saturday night. After putting the kids to bed on Sunday night I was struck with fear that maybe my board was a little pretentious. Kyle's response was, "Well, what can you do about it now?" . He had a point. I left it as it was and off we went. Now that it's done and at school, I feel quite proud of it. Judge for yourself.

6 comments:

The White Family said...

Marna you did an awesome job! Way to go. Don't forget to save the poster after the teacher is done. That way you can have it to pull out at Jake's high school graduation or even before his wedding. He will appreciate the time and effort you put into this project. You are a fabulous mom! You go girl!

DeeDee said...

Very nice Marna, you did a great job!

Kim said...

Well Marna you did such a good job and I am sure that Jake was proud to display it to his class mates.

The White Family said...

Well Marna we just got a letter saying that I needed to do one of these for Georgia as well. Thankfully her teacher is letting us go last since like you we are a W. :) I need some tips.

kimriggs said...

Marna, it is beautiful!!! I am sure Jake was very proud to take it to school. You did an awesome job. I think some of those other moms will be sprucing theirs up before bringing them in now.

Aunt Ginger said...

Who are these people kidding?! I HATE moms like you! You set the bar so high that our poor little kids can never measure up. But since I don't have to "compete" with this one (and it's about my second favorite guy in the whole world), I LOVE it!